1. A public office holder may not apply for a competition for appointment as a returning officer for 2 years following the date on which the public office holder’s term ends.
The prohibition applies only if the person held the office of
(1) Member of the Parliament of Canada;
(2) Member of the National Assembly;
(3) member of the council of a municipality;
(4) warden of a regional county municipality elected in accordance with section 210.29.2 of the Act respecting municipal territorial organization (chapter O-9); or
(5) member of a school board.
Decision 2004-03-31, s. 1.