8. No financial planner may render financial planning services in such capacity unless he has first entered into a written agreement with the client which, as a minimum, specifies the following:
(1) the nature and scope of the mandate;
(2) an estimate of the number of hours required to complete the mandate;
(3) all the sectors or classes of sectors in which he is authorized to act and a description of the financial products and services that are likely to be offered by the financial planner;
(4) the client’s signature, attesting to the acceptance of the mandate.
No agreement entered into under the first paragraph may oblige the client to purchase a financial product or service.
This mandate must be dated and signed by the financial planner and given to the client.
O.C. 830-99, s. 8; M.O. 2013-12, s. 7.