5. In order to determine whether a candidate demonstrates that he has the level of knowledge, manual dexterity and clinical experience required under section 4, the board of directors shall take all of the following factors into account:
(1) the total years of schooling;
(2) the courses taken in the areas listed in section 3;
(3) the diploma obtained by the candidate;
(4) the nature and duration of the candidate’s experience in dentistry; and
(5) the training periods served in dentistry.
Where the evaluation made under the first paragraph does not allow a decision to be made, the board of directors may require that the candidate take an examination or serve a training period so that the said evaluation may be completed.
A candidate who fails an examination is entitled to write a supplemental examination. The supplemental examination shall be written within 5 years following the date of the failure.
O.C. 915-93, s. 5; O.C. 1069-95, s. 1; O.C. 649-97, s. 1.