17.3. Section 17.2 does not apply
(1) to the hunting of moose, white-tailed deer or black bear during a hunting season for such big game with a type 6 or 11 hunting implement within the meaning of the Regulation respecting hunting (chapter C-61.1, r. 12), to the hunting of American crow, rock dove, Northern leopard frog, Green frog, Bull frog, Arctic or snowshoe hare or Eastern cottontail rabbit with snares, to the hunting of migratory birds within the meaning of the Regulation respecting hunting or, from 1 December to 31 March, to the hunting of coyote, wolf or red, cross-bred or silver fox;
(2) to the beneficiaries of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and the beneficiaries of the Northeastern Québec Agreement in the territories covered by those agreements;
(3) to bow or crossbow hunting in a sector for bow or crossbow hunting only in a wildlife sanctuary or controlled zone;
(4) to hunting in a sector in a territory in which exclusive hunting rights have been leased and all hunting in that sector is with a bow or crossbow;
(5) to bow or crossbow hunting in a place where only hunting with a hunting implement other than a firearm is allowed;
(6) to the hunting of small game using a bird of prey and no participant is in possession of a weapon; or
(7) to the hunting of wild turkey.