C-26, r. 101 - Regulation respecting the standards for equivalence of diplomas and training for the issue of a permit by the Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec
7. A training equivalence shall be granted where the candidate
(1) possesses knowledge equivalent to the knowledge acquired by the holder of a diploma recognized by the Government under the first paragraph of section 184 of the Code; and
(2) has acquired not less than 5 years of relevant work experience, in particular in the field of dietetics.
The board of directors shall take the following factors into account in assessing the equivalence of the candidate’s training:
(1) type and total years of experience in dietetics, food science or nutrition;
(2) the fact that the candidate holds one or more diplomas issued in Québec or elsewhere;
(3) type and content of courses taken;
(4) training periods completed; and
(5) total years of schooling.