SUBJECT MATTER FOR COURSES AND PRACTICAL TRAINING
PRINCIPLES OF NUTRITION APPLIED TO FEEDING UNDER NORMAL AND THERAPEUTIC CONDITIONS:
1. Assessment of food intake, in view of the objective sought (investigation, medication, pathology, other).
2. Assessment of nutritional status.
3. Nutritional counselling, including data gathering, assessment and interpretation and the development, carrying out, control and follow-up of the nutritional care plan.
4. Identification of patients needing nutritional support (enteral and parenteral feeding); development, implementation, control and follow-up of nutritional treatment.
5. Keeping of dietetic and medical records.
6. Education and information in the area of nutrition.
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT AND NUTRITION APPLIED TO QUANTITY FOOD SERVICE:
1. Development, implementation and assessment of menus for various group types.
2. Assessment of human resources needs and personnel management.
3. Assessment of material needs: food and supplies, facilities and set up.
4. Financial management including budget preparation, analysis and control.
5. Management of supply, production and distribution of food and meals.
6. Development, implementation and control of maintenance, sanitation and safety programs.
7. Principles of quality management applied to each element of the operation.
8. Strategic planning of food services.
EDUCATING THE PUBLIC IN THE AREA OF NUTRITION:
1. Knowledge of the functioning, policies and structure of the health system in Québec.
2. Knowledge of resources and services available to the public.
3. Description of population groups and identification of their specific needs as regards health and nutrition.
4. Planning, development, implementation and assessment of interventions and programs aimed at promoting health, prevention and treatment of diseases.
5. Selection and implementation of educational methods and strategies to be used towards the improvement of the nutritional and health status of the population.
6. Involvement in interdisciplinary teams.