2. Every person riding on a motorcycle, or moped, in a sidecar, on an off-road vehicle covered by the Act respecting off-highway vehicles (chapter V-1.2) or in a sleigh or trailer being towed by such a vehicle shall wear a protective helmet that complies with one of the following recognized standards of manufacture, sale, installation and use:
(1) Standard CAN-3-D230 of the Canadian Standards Association;
(2) Standard DOT FMVSS 218 of the United States Department of Transportation;
(3) the standard entitled “Specifications for Protective Headgear for Vehicular Users Z90.1” of the American National Standards Institute;
(4) the Snell Memorial Foundation standard;
(5) the British Standards Institute standard;
(6) ECE Regulation 22, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe standard.
A protective helmet must bear, at all times, the label affixed by the manufacturer in compliance with the requirements of the standard of manufacture.
O.C. 1015-95, s. 2; O.C. 660-2006, s. 2.