C-24.2, r. 40.1 - Regulation respecting the health of drivers
51. . A sleep disorder other than narcolepsy is essentially inconsistent with driving a road vehicle of Class 1 to Class 4 in the following cases:
(1) the assessment of sleep apnea shows an apnea-hypopnea index greater than 30 and apnea is not adequately treated;
(2) the sleep disorder is accompanied by important daytime drowsiness that is not adequately treated;
(3) the sleep disorder is not treated adequately and the person has already had an accident after falling asleep while driving;
(4) the manifestations related to the sleep disorder do not, in the opinion of a physician, allow the driving of a road vehicle in those classes.