C-24.2, r. 40.1 - Regulation respecting the health of drivers
46. Diabetes treated with insulin is essentially inconsistent with driving a road vehicle of Class 1 to Class 4, unless the person affected meets the following conditions:
(1) the person has had no hypoglycemic episode while awake resulting in altered consciousness and requiring the intervention of a third person for 6 months;
(2) the person shows a good understanding of the disease;
(3) the person’s glycosylated hemoglobin is less than twice the normal limit;
(4) self-monitoring of glycemia is conducted properly;
(5) the person’s condition is subject to an annual medical follow-up.