C-24.2, r. 39.1.1 - Pilot project concerning motorized mobility aids
1. The implementation of the Pilot project concerning motorized mobility aids is authorized for the following purposes:
(1) developing traffic rules with respect to such apparatus while ensuring the safety of all users, particularly on public roads;
(2) testing the use of such apparatus on the roadway of certain public roads, on shoulders and on cycle lanes;
(3) developing traffic rules that promote the care and safety of road users and, in particular, the judgment of users of motorized mobility aids;
(4) setting safety equipment standards;
(5) gathering information on the use of such apparatus to assess their cohabitation with, particularly, pedestrians, road vehicles and cyclists and their impact on pedestrian and road networks.