32.5. In support of his declaration relating to his status of Canadian citizen, a person must sign, in the presence of an agent of the Société, the citizenship questionnaire, provided by the Société and approved by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Canada, previously completed, and submit one of the following documents:
(1) a provincial or territorial birth certificate for any person born in Canada;
(2) a certificate of Canadian citizenship;
(3) a certificate of registration of birth abroad, issued by Canadian authorities for citizenship between 1 January 1947 and 14 February 1977 to persons born abroad to a Canadian parent;
(4) a certificate of retention of Canadian citizenship, issued between 1 January 1947 and 14 February 1977 to persons born abroad to a Canadian parent and who have retained their citizenship; or
(5) a certificate of naturalization, issued before 1 January 1947 to persons who were naturalized in Canada.
The Société verifies the authenticity of the document submitted by a person in support of the declaration relating to his status of Canadian citizen.