C-24.2, r. 32 - Regulation respecting safety standards for road vehicles
97. The clutch control mechanism between the engine and the transmission shall comply with the following standards:
(1) the clutch pedal shall be of a non-slip type;
(2) no component intended by the manufacturer shall be missing or worn in a way that prevents it from working properly;
(3) it shall prevent any gear slip when the pedal is completely released; and
(4) it shall be able to interrupt the transmission of engine torque to the gearbox shaft.