81. The tank, its brackets and fasteners, the fittings, clamps, lines and the containers of the fuel supply system of a road vehicle shall comply with the following standards:
(1) no leakage shall be present at any point along the fuel delivery system;
(2) the tank shall not leak, be cracked or unsecurely mounted;
(3) the tank supports, retaining straps and any other fasteners or protection element shall be present, without cracks or breaks, securely mounted and in compliance with the manufacturer’s standards;
(4) the lines and their fittings shall be adequate and they shall not be cut, crushed, crimped, so cracked that the cord is exposed, corroded or excessively worn, the fasteners shall be adequate, at the designed locations and tight enough to prevent the lines from vibrating or rubbing against adjacent parts;
(5) a gas or diesel tank shall be fitted with a cap designed for that tank and that can prevent a spill; and
(6) the supply system shall be equipped with a fuel gauge that the driver may see.