53. Every bus or mini-bus equipped with an exit door fitted with an automatic opening mechanism controlled by the driver shall comply with the following standards:
(1) an automatic door-opening system actuated by a pressure-sensitive hinged gate, door step, door edge or a presence detection system shall be adequate;
(2) if that system is in the “closed” position, the exit door shall remain closed if someone tries to open it with a moderate push and, in such a case, the warning light or buzzer shall turn on;
(3) if the system is in the “open” position, the brake and accelerator interlock mechanisms shall automatically lock the rear brakes and, simultaneously, prevent the accelerator from raising the engine speed above idle until the door control is moved to the “closed” position and the door has closed; and
(4) when the exit door is fitted with sensitive edges and the door is not fully closed, manual pressure on each of the edges shall cause the door to reopen, cause the brake and accelerator interlock systems to engage and set off the warning light or buzzer until the door control is moved to the “closed” position and the door has closed.