216. An owner shall keep a record containing the following information and documents for each road vehicle covered by a certified preventive maintenance program:
(1) the identification number of the vehicle and the plate number, the make, year, owner’s name and, where applicable, the name of the long-term lessor;
(2) the schedule of upcoming services according to the recall criterion used by the owner and the purpose of each service;
(3) the maintenance sheet referred to in section 211 for each service performed;
(4) for heavy vehicles having a gross vehicle weight rating of 7,258 kg or more, a register of the brake lining or camshaft rotation measurements if the measurements are not indicated on maintenance sheets;
(5) proof that the repairs have been done following the service; and
(6) the dates on which the storage begins and ends, where applicable.
Each time the vehicle is serviced, the owner shall cause the sheet referred to in section 211 to be completed and signed by the mechanic who serviced it.
O.C. 1483-98, s. 216; O.C. 623-99, s. 26; O.C. 1049-2010, s. 17; O.C. 370-2016, s. 1051.