178.2. Every display screen referred to in section 178.1 must meet the following requirements:
(1) be affixed directly to the vehicle or be held in place by a fixed mount;
(2) be placed so as to display the visual information as close as possible to the driver’s line of sight in the normal driving position;
(3) be placed so as not to obstruct the driver’s view, interfere with driving or prevent the operation of equipment or reduce its efficiency, and in a manner that does not present a risk of injury in an accident;
(4) be equipped with control buttons that are easily located and accessible in the normal driving position and that perform simple operations;
(5) the driver’s time to respond to a message must not be limited, unless the message is preceded or accompanied by a sound signal and the ensuing response time is sufficient;
(6) modifying or deleting an information block must be entirely under the driver’s control, unless the message displays dynamic information not under the driver’s control or the message can be displayed again using simple controls; and
(7) the messages displayed on the screen must be short and simple so that message reading does not interfere with driving.