C-24.2, r. 32 - Regulation respecting safety standards for road vehicles
O.C. 161-2008, s. 2; S.Q. 2018, c. 7, s. 191.
178.1. Subject to section 178.2, a road vehicle may be equipped with a display screen so placed that the image broadcast is directly or indirectly visible to the driver if the display screen
(1) was installed by the vehicle manufacturer or according to the vehicle manufacturer’s instructions;
(2) displays information on the conditions, use and immediate environment of the vehicle;
(3) displays real-time driver assistance information on road or weather conditions or routing and guidance information;
(4) is used by a peace officer or by the driver of an emergency vehicle in the performance of duties;
(5) is used by an enterprise in respect of its business to manage messages or assess fees payable by passengers of a vehicle; or
(6) is used by a public utility or telecommunications enterprise in respect of its business.