130. The exhaust system shall include all the components, in particular the manifolds, pipes, muffler, brackets and clamps. The components of the exhaust system shall be adequate, securely mounted to their anchorages and no leakage of exhaust gases shall be detected through joints or an external hole other than that of the outlet pipe and the drain hole originally provided by the muffler manufacturer for evacuating condensation.
No component of the system shall have been replaced, removed, added or modified in a way that makes the system noisier or more likely to cause burns compared to the system installed by the motorcycle manufacturer. The exhaust system shall not have a mechanism that prevents exhaust gases from flowing through the muffler.
For the purposes of this Subdivision, “muffler” means a component that has the following characteristics:
(1) it is composed of an expansion chamber, a baffle or any other mechanical, electronic, electrical or acoustic device, or a combination thereof, that are permanently mounted and that are specifically designed by the manufacturer to reduce the noise caused by the exhaust gases;
(2) its exterior diameter is greater than the diameter of the manifold;
(3) it was designed by the manufacturer for the motorcycle on which it is mounted; and
(4) it shall not bear a mention or be identified by its manufacturer or the motorcycle manufacturer as intended for a special use or not designed for use on public roads.
O.C. 1483-98, s. 130; O.C. 370-2016, s. 7412.