91. The owner of a passenger vehicle is exempt from the payment of the fees payable for vehicle registration and the right to operate it if the vehicle
(1) is an official vehicle belonging to a foreign government that has representation in Québec;
(2) is an official vehicle belonging to an international government organization that has entered into an agreement with the Government with respect to its establishment in Québec;
(3) belongs to one of the following persons who are not Canadian citizens and who perform their duties in Québec or Canada:
(a) a diplomatic agent within the meaning of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations entered into on 18 April 1961;
(b) a member of the diplomatic staff of a permanent mission to an international government organization referred to in subparagraph 2, sent by a foreign State;
(c) a senior officer of an international government organization designated under the agreement referred to in subparagraph 2;
(d) a career consular officer within the meaning of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations entered into on 24 April 1963; or
(e) a representative of the government of a province, State or similar division of a foreign State; or
(4) belongs to an honorary consular officer within the meaning of the Vienna Convention and Consular Relations entered into on 24 April 1963 whose duties are performed in Québec.
A maximum of 2 vehicles belonging to a person referred to in subparagraph 3 may be exempt from payment of the fees. Only one vehicle belonging to a person referred to in subparagraph 4 may be exempt from payment of the fees.
O.C. 1420-91, s. 91; O.C. 451-2003, s. 4.