C-24.2, r. 29 - Regulation respecting road vehicle registration
2.2. A road vehicle with a registration plate issued by an administrative authority is deemed registered under the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2) where the following conditions are met:
(1) the plate bears the prefix “PRP”, the word “APPORTIONED” or has a sticker bearing the prefix “PRP”;
(2) the driver, at the request of the Société or a peace officer, produces the IRP registration certificate of the vehicle for inspection;
(3) the IRP registration certificate indicates that the vehicle is apportioned in Québec;
(4) the number of axles of the vehicle does not exceed the number entered on the IRP registration certificate;
(5) for a bus, its net weight does not exceed the weight entered on the IRP registration certificate;
(6) for a vehicle that is part of a rental fleet of road vehicles and that is apportioned on behalf of a rental company, that information must be entered on the IRP registration certificate.
O.C. 951-2000, s. 1; O.C. 786-2003, s. 2.