2. The following heavy vehicles are exempt from the application of the provisions concerning the pre-departure inspection in Title VIII.1 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2):
(1) a heavy vehicle used when required by an emergency service or in the cases of disaster within the meaning of the Civil Protection Act (chapter S-2.3);
(2) a heavy vehicle used by a natural person not acting for the carrying on of an enterprise involving an organized economic activity, whether or not it is commercial in nature, consisting in the production or realization of goods, their administration or their alienation, or in the performance of services;
(3) a truck with 2 or 3 axles used mainly to transport raw farm, forest or fishing products, provided that the operator of the truck is also the producer and the truck used to return to the operator’s premises after such transport; in the latter case, the truck shall be empty or transport products used in the exploitation of the farm, the forest or a natural body of water;
(4) a combination of road vehicles where the gross vehicle weight rating of each vehicle in the combination is less than 4,500 kg, except a combination of vehicles that requires the display of safety marks in accordance with Division IV of the Transportation of Dangerous Substances Regulation (O.C. 866-2002, 2002-07-10);
(5) tool vehicles;
(6) a road vehicle subject to the Transportation of Dangerous Substances Regulation that has a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 4,500 kg and that does not require the display of safety marks in accordance with Division IV of that Regulation, except minibuses and tow trucks;
(7) a farm tractor and farm machine within the meaning of the Regulation respecting road vehicle registration (O.C. 1420-91, 91-10-16), and a farm trailer within the meaning of the Regulation respecting safety standards for road vehicles (O.C. 1483-98, 98-11-27).