1. The use on public highways is prohibited for the following road vehicles manufactured after 1980 and registered or having to be registered in Québec:
(1) vehicles that were flooded to the junction of the engine wall and the floor of the passenger compartment or up to a higher level;
(2) vehicles that were flooded up to a level that could have affected one of the major components of their electrical system, subject to section 2;
(3) vehicles that were flooded and that represent a health hazard, particularly because of the presence of mold or bacteria;
(4) vehicles that were flooded and that were declared total loss by the insurer or by the person referred to in paragraph 4 of section 2;
(5) vehicles of which a part has been replaced by a similar part that comes from a vehicle referred to in subparagraphs 1 to 4 and that may represent a health hazard, such as a part made of foam or fabric;
(6) vehicles of which a major component of the electrical system has been replaced by a similar component from a vehicle referred to in subparagraphs 1 to 4.
For the purposes of the first paragraph, a vehicle from outside Québec is considered as having been flooded if it shows signs of damage attributable to a flood or if it is described by another jurisdiction as having been flooded, in all cases, regardless of the flood level.