306. Steel wire ropes must be replaced in the following cases:
(1) instructions of the amusement ride or device manufacturer require it;
(2) 6 wires are broken in one rope lay;
(3) 3 wires are broken in one strand of a rope lay;
(4) 2 wires are broken in a suspension rope that supports the total load of a vehicle;
(5) the initial diameter of the rope has decreased by 10%; and
(6) the rope is distorted because of kinking, crushing or untwisting of the rope or a strand.
Steel wire ropes must be repaired where 2 wires are broken near a fastening.