“ 2.2.3. Approval of Materials
“22.214.171.124. Approved Materials, Fixtures and Facilities used in a Plumbing System
(1) In a plumbing system, only materials, fixtures or facilities that are certified or approved by one of the following organizations may be used:
(a) Canadian Gas Association (CGA),
(b) Bureau de normalisation du Québec (BNQ),
(c) CSA International (CSA),
(d) IAPMO Research and Testing Inc. (UPC),
(e) Underwriters’ Laboratories of Canada (ULC),
(f) NSF International (NSF),
(g) Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB),
(h) Quality Auditing Institute (QAI),
(i) Intertek Testing Services NA Itd. (ITS),
(j) Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL),
(k) Water Quality Association (WQA),
(l) any other organization accredited by the Standards Council of Canada as a certifying organization in the field of plumbing which has notified the Board of its accreditation.
“126.96.36.199. Sale and lease
(1) Materials, fixtures or facilities to be used in a plumbing system must be certified or approved by an organization listed in Sentence 188.8.131.52.(1) before being sold or leased.
“2.2.4. Declaration of Work
(1) A plumbing contractor shall declare to the Régie du bâtiment du Québec all construction work to which Chapter III of the Construction Code applies if the work pertains to a new plumbing system or requires the replacement of a service water heater or pipes.
“184.108.40.206. Submission of the Declaration
(1) The declaration required under Article 220.127.116.11. shall be forwarded to the Board not later than the twentieth day of the month following the date on which work starts.
(1) The declaration of work shall be made on the form provided by the Board or on any other document prepared for that purpose.
The declaration shall contain
(a) the address of the site where the work is performed,
(b) the name, address and telephone number of the person for whom the work is performed,
(c) the name, address, telephone number and licence number of the plumbing contractor,
(d) the estimated start and end dates of the construction work,
(e) the nature and type of the work,
(f) the occupancy of the building or facility intended for use by the public, the classification and building area under the code referred to in Chapter I of the Construction Code, and the existing and planned number of storeys, and
(g) the number of fixtures and service water heaters to be installed.
“2.2.5. Fees Payable
(1) The following fees shall be paid to the Board by the plumbing contractor when the plumbing contractor declares the construction work pertaining to plumbing systems for which a declaration is required under Article 18.104.22.168.:
(a) $143.26 for a new single-family detached or semi-detached house or row house, (b) $86.72 per dwelling unit other than those referred to in Clause (a) for the construction of a new building intended for housing or for the conversion of a building of another nature into a building intended for housing, regardless of the number of fixtures and service water heaters, or
(c) in the case of work other than work referred to in Clauses (a) and (b),
(i) $11.50 per fixture or service water heater, where the work is performed on more than one, or (ii) $19.72 where the work is performed on only one or no fixture or service water heater.
(2) A plumbing contractor or owner-builder shall pay the following inspection fees to the Board for the inspection of a plumbing system following the issue of a remedial notice provided for in section 122 of the Building Act (chapter B-1.1):
(a) $96.76 for the first hour or any fraction thereof,
(b) half the hourly rate established in Clause (a) for each half-hour or fraction thereof added to the first hour.
(3) A plumbing owner-builder shall pay to the Board the inspection fees fixed in Clauses (a) and (b) of Sentence (2) for the inspection of a plumbing system.
(4) For the approval of a plumbing material, fixture or facility that cannot be certified or approved by one of the organizations listed in Article 22.214.171.124., approval fees corresponding to the amounts established in Clauses (a) and (b) of Sentence (2) shall be paid to the Board.
(1) The fees payable under Sentence 126.96.36.199.(1) shall be included with the declaration of work required under Article 188.8.131.52.
(2) The fees payable under Sentences 184.108.40.206.(2), (3) and (4) shall be paid to the Board not later than 30 days after the billing date.”;