(1) by replacing Article 188.8.131.52. by the following:
“184.108.40.206. Application of the NPC
(1) The NPC applies to the construction work performed on a plumbing system in every building and facility intended for use by the public as provided in section 3.02 of Chapter III of the Construction Code made pursuant to the Building Act (chapter B-1.1).
(2) In accordance with the NBC, every building shall, except as provided by Sentence (3), have plumbing facilities.
(3) If a hot water system is required under the NBC, the facility shall
(a) provide an adequate hot water supply, and
(b) be installed in conformance with this Chapter.”;
(3) in Sentence (1) of Article 220.127.116.11.,
(a) by inserting the following after the definition of “Combustible”:
“ Construction Code means the Construction Code made pursuant to the Building Act (chapter B-1.1).”;
(b) by inserting “, retention pit” after “sump” in the definition of “Storm building drain”;
(b.1) by replacing the definition of “Storey” by the following:
“Storey (as applying to plumbing) means the interval between 2 successive floor levels, including mezzanine floors, or between a floor level and roof that contain at least one plumbing fixture.”;
(c) by replacing the definition of “Potable” by the following:
“Potable means water intended for human consumption.”
(d) by replacing the definition of “Suite” by the following:
“Suite* means a single room or series of rooms of complementary use, operated under a single tenancy and includes dwelling units, individual guest rooms in motels, hotels, rooming houses, boarding houses, dormitories and single-family dwellings, as well as individual stores and individual or complementary rooms for business and personal services occupancies.”;
(e) by replacing the definition of “Occupancy” by the following:
“Occupancy* means the use or intended use of a building or part thereof.”;
(f) by replacing the definition of “Public use” by the following:
“Public use (as applying to the classification of plumbing fixtures) means fixtures installed in locations other than those designated as private use.”;
(3.1) by adding the following objectives at the end of Sentence (1) of Article 18.104.22.168:
An objective of the NPC is to limit the probability that, as a result of the design or installation of the plumbing system, the environment will be exposed to an unacceptable risk.
An objective of the NPC is to limit the probability that, as a result of the design or installation of the plumbing system, resources will be used in a manner that will have an unacceptable impact on the environment. The risks of unacceptable impact on the environment due to use of resources addressed in this Code are those caused by
OE1.2 – Excessive use of water”;
(5) in Article 22.214.171.124., by inserting the following in Sentence (1) after the functional statement “F46 To minimize the risk of contamination of potable water.”:
“F60 To control the accumulation and pressure of surface water, groundwater and sewage.
F61 To resist the ingress of precipitation, water or moisture from the exterior or from the ground.”;