47.Notwithstanding section 46, the Regulation respecting insurance contributions (O.C. 1422-91, 91-10-16), as it read on 30 September 2007, continues to apply:
(1) to payment of the insurance contribution due before 1 January 2008 to retain the right to operate a road vehicle;
(2) to payment of the insurance contribution upon registration of a road vehicle before 1 January 2008 and the right to put the vehicle into operation;
(3) to payment of the insurance contribution exigible from a licence holder under sections 99 and 101 of the Regulation before 1 January 2008;
(4) to payment of the insurance contribution upon issue of a licence before 1 January 2008.
Notwithstanding the first paragraph, this Regulation, in particular as regards the insurance contribution for 2008, applies in the following cases:
(1) where a vehicle owner renounces the right to operate his vehicle within 3 months of the end of period during which operation of that vehicle is authorized, and he obtains the right to put the vehicle back into operation prior to that date, and before 1 January 2008;
(2) where a licence holder cancels his licence within 3 months of the expiry date of the period during which the holder is authorized to drive and a new licence is issued to him prior to that date, and before 1 January 2008.