A-25, r. 1 - Regulation respecting the application of the Automobile Insurance Act
3. A person resident in Québec loses that status:
(1) as soon as he leaves Québec to establish himself in another Canadian province or territory or in another country;
(2) as soon as he maintains a residence outside Québec, unless he shows that he lives in Québec and is ordinarily in Québec for at least 183 days per year;
(3) from the last day of the twelfth month following the date of his departure from Québec, where he is absent from Québec for more than 12 consecutive months;
(4) as soon as he establishes himself outside Québec.