1. A person or body may apply to the Minister of Culture, Communications and the Status of Women for accreditation as a private archival agency where the agency comprises the following elements:
(1) private archives which it owns or which have been loaned to it concerning the history of Québec;
(2) a preservation area for the archives and a furnished area for consultation thereof;
(3) apparatus and furnishings for consultation and reproduction of the archives;
(4) at least 1 person in charge of preservation and consultation of the archives.
In addition, that agency shall have been operating for at least 12 months preceding the date of the application for accreditation.