60. If a student interrupts his or her full-time studies owing to any of the following events, the full exemption period is extended, as of the month following the month in which the event occurs, for the following duration:
(1) 4 months for a student who reaches the 20th week of her pregnancy;
(2) 8 months for a student who gives birth to a child;
(3) 8 months for a student who adopts a child or whose spouse gives birth to a child;
(4) 8 months for a student who cannot pursue studies owing to a disability attested to in a medical certificate and that lasts for more than 1 month;
(5) the duration, up to 24 months, of the functions of a student elected to exercise functions within an organization of student associations;
(6) the duration, up to 24 months, of the posting of a student who is a member of the reserve force serving on an operation.
In addition, the student’s full exemption period is extended until the end of the year of allocation if the exemption period ends after the month of April.
O.C. 344-2004, s. 60; O.C. 386-2009, s. 1.