4. An exemption corresponding to the sum of 35% of the amount of maximum income protection and 35% of the student’s employment income, up to 70% of the amount of maximum income protection, is granted to a student if
(1) the student meets any of the conditions in subparagraphs 1 to 4 of the first paragraph of section 4 of the Act respecting financial assistance for education expenses (chapter A-13.3);
(2) the student is not deemed to receive a contribution from his or her parents or sponsor and does not reside with his or her parents or sponsor during the first month in the year of allocation during which the student is pursuing full-time studies;
(3) the student is the subject of a decision or placement order that does not provide for payment of support for the student, except where the decision or placement order is made in a matter of adoption;
(4) custody of the student is entrusted to a tutor;
(5) the student had to leave the residence of his or her parents or sponsor for serious reasons such as the student’s health or safety;
(6) the student’s parents or sponsor are sheltered in a reception centre, health or social services institution or other place where the student cannot reside; or
(7) the student’s parents or sponsor have no residence in Canada.