29. A student’s school fees comprise admission fees, registration fees, tuition fees, fees related to instructional services and any other fees prescribed by the educational institution. They also comprise the amounts allocated for the purchase of didactic materials or specialized equipment. However, the school fees do not comprise the fees already considered by another allowable expense.
In the case of studies in an educational institution located outside Québec, no amount may be allocated pursuant to this section for fees not prescribed by at least one Québec educational institution.
The fees allocated to a student may not exceed $6,000 per 4-month period.
The amounts allocated to a student for the purchase of educational materials and access to telematics services, per 4-month period, are as follows:
(1) $191 at the secondary level, in vocational training;
(2) $191 at the college level, for pre-university studies;
(3) $216 at the college level, for technical studies;
(4) $412 at the university level;
(5) $471 at the university level, for architecture, visual arts, chiropractic, physical education, ergotherapy, medicine, veterinary medicine, music, speech therapy and audiology, optometry, pharmacy, physiotherapy and engineering programs; and
(6) $216 at the master’s or doctoral level, for each 4-month period devoted to writing a thesis or dissertation.
The amounts allocated to the student for the purchase of specialized equipment correspond to the costs of the specialized equipment that the student is required to acquire for his or her studies.
Despite the third paragraph, no amount is allocated to a student for any 4-month period during which the student pursues full-time studies for less than 3 months.
Despite the fourth paragraph, no amount is allocated to a student for any 4-month period during which the student is serving a training period.
O.C. 344-2004, s. 29; O.C. 698-2007, s. 5; O.C. 811-2008, s. 4; O.C. 1175-2009, s. 3; O.C. 971-2010, s. 4; O.C. 1009-2011, s. 4; O.C. 984-2013, s. 4; O.C. 627-2014, s. 10; O.C. 238-2015, s. 6; O.C. 301-2016, s. 6; O.C. 1086-2017, s. 61; O.C. 108-2019, s. 616.