A-13.3, r. 1 - Regulation respecting financial assistance for education expenses
21. The contribution of the parents, sponsor or spouse is not taken into account for the purpose of computing financial assistance if
(1) the student is the subject of a decision or placement order other than a decision or placement order made in a matter of adoption;
(2) custody of the student is entrusted to a tutor;
(3) the student’s parents, sponsor or spouse cannot be found;
(4) the student has had to cease all communication with his or her parents, sponsor or spouse for safety reasons;
(5) the student’s parents, sponsor or spouse never resided in Canada before the beginning of the calendar year ending in the year of allocation; or
(6) the student’s spouse receives financial assistance under the loans and bursaries program for the year of allocation or received such assistance for the preceding year of allocation.